Monday, December 19, 2011

Learning from the Experts

Finally, my search has paid off!  A few weeks ago I was hired as a third grade teacher in a small coastal town.  The catch, as it seemed, was that I am to work with a group of 58 third graders in the library-turned-classroom with two co-teachers.  What I have discovered, though is that this is no catch at all, but the best possible start to my career.  The two teachers I am working with are masters of the art--and science--of teaching.  The class started out with the highest percentage of behavior problems I've ever heard of in a mainstream classroom, and now looks like one of the most well-behaved classrooms I have observed in my travels.  Essentially, I am the luckiest first year teacher alive.  I will be sharing the knowledge I've gleaned here, so read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment