Monday, June 25, 2012

Teaching Portfolio

Finally, I got that ever-ellusive permanent teaching job!  I contribute my success largely to the building of my portfolio.  I used this to illustrate important points of my interview, to organize my thoughts, and to demonstrate my organizational skills.




Contents:

  • 3-5 Copies of my resume
  • 3 Copies of my letter of intent/cover letter
  • 2 Copies of each letter of recommendation I've ever gotten in clear protective sleeves
  • 2 Copies of my education philosophy statement
  • 2 Copies of my teaching license
  • Test scores
  • Transcripts
  • Examples of classroom expectations, ground rules and behavior management steps
  • A six-week curriculum overview (fifth grade because that's my ideal)
  • Pictures of my budding classroom and professional development library
  • Business cards in business card sleeves
  • Copies of my tutoring fliers



Additional:
  • Example interview questions to practice
  • Two work sample curricula (one first grade poetry unit and one fifth grade landform unit)

No comments:

Post a Comment