Monday, December 10, 2018

I'm back

It's been almost 2 years since my last post.  I've truly missed my blog and I've made it my goal to return to posting weekly.  A lot has changed since my debut on this blog.  I have an amazing five-year-old boy who is full of spunk and endless energy.  Subsequently, I was diagnosed with Lupus in his first year of life.  It was a truly horrendous, miraculous, and life-altering experience.  Now I am managing my symptoms and living a full life.  Though that shadow is always there, I refuse to let it control me or hold me back.  Throughout this 4 year battle I thought I was broken, never to be a functioning human being again.  Then, after two soul-crushing Rheumatologists later, I found Dr. Rudy Green, and he helped me find my way back to health.  I'm happy to say months later we had a beautiful baby girl.  Our miracle we thought for a time we'd never have.
Yep, I woke up next to a beautiful little 7-month-old ball of warmth who has reverted back to waking up for night feedings.  This morning I even found spit-up crusted into my Fit Bit.  I couldn't be happier.
During the darkest hour of sickness I found out so much about health, the food industry, fitness, parenting, big pharma (as they call it), doctors and their training, meditation, myself, and more.  It has really been a transformation.  I am a different person now.  Stronger, more resilient, more aware.  And for that, I am thankful.  (Do I want to go back to the pain... Hell no.)
Yes, I am thankful for the days I fell asleep in my car in the driveway when I got home from work because I didn't have the energy to walk to the house.  The days when my husband had to put my socks on for me.  Thankful for all the well-wishers who were checking to see if I was ok (because it took me soooo long to limp from my car to my classroom), which touched my heart and broke my pride.  (Everyone needs their pride broken now and again).  So here I am, transformed.  Like a phoenix from the ashes.  And thusly, I will be dividing this blog into three areas:

Stories from the darkness: My battles with Lupus
Teaching: aptly named
Rising: lessons of life, parenting, health, and love

No comments:

Post a Comment