Monday, October 3, 2011

Adventures in Substitute Teaching

I am sitting on the edge of a new journey, anxiously awaiting that sign to set off to a brave new world (aka a call from the substitute calling system).  So, I didn't attain that ever illusive, but always so enticing option of getting my own classroom for my first year of teaching.  I had to take the long road--substituting.  Which isn't a bad alternative considering I still get to teach, I will (hopefully) make decent pay, and I will get to glean all the best ideas from the classes I visit.


As I set off on this journey I take this quote with me as inspiration:


"In great affairs men show themselves as they wish to be seen' in small things they show themselves as they are."
~Nicholas Chamfort


Hopefully as a substitute I will be appreciated for who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment